Unseen


Hiding behind

The veil of black

Keeping me unseen

I enter through

The women’s door

Hoping I am clean.


Going to the spickets

I join the line

Of black-robed women

Washing face and hands

In ceremony

Hoping to be clean.

Facing towards 
The holy city

I hope my prayers

Are heard by God

Then the pain within

Reminds me I’m unclean.



Now I kneel down

Face to the ground

Uttering words

I’ve always known

Since I was a girl

Yet still I am unclean.


Slowly I rise

Hopeless that

I would ever

Be good enough

For God to be near

Someone so unclean.



But I’ve heard of

 a man in white,

A man who’s kind

Compassionate

Who doesn’t push me

Away as unclean.



All of my life

I’ve been taught that

He’s just a prophet

But what if He’s

More than that and

He can make me clean?


What if He is 

Who they say He is?

What if He is

The Son of God

And He did die

To make us all clean?



Could it be that

This One in white

Is walking on 

These dusty roads

Beckoning me

Though I am unclean?


Could it be that 

He does want me

Just as I am,

Woman and all,

As His bride

Radiant and clean?


If it be so

Then, Lord, I want

You to come in.

I don’t want to 

Hide anymore.

You can make me clean.



If this is real,

Would you take all

My shame and fear

Replacing it

With perfect love?

Through You, I am clean.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Creative Revolution

The Mother of the Living